Wednesday, February 16, 2011

In Love With My Place

So now I'm moved in and some things have been unpacked I'm ready to do the funnest thing--PAINT! Yesterday I headed over to Home Hardware to pick up paint for the living room/kitchen--the first rooms we are going to paint today. The color we chose is called "Gaucho Brown". It was a close call between that and a lovely light gray but we just felt we had a lot of brown/white to work with in the house so it would be natural to go with it. Chocolate and white is such a lovely pair--the white pops against the chocolate colour and adds a homey, cozy feel. Luckily, our couch is brown as well so with a few bright white accent pillows and a white rug...well you can imagine how lovely it will all go. I'm excited/nervous to paint because I've never done it before! Hopefully I don't screw up!

I wanted to work with the walkway\hallway and a door-less closet near the front door. Right now we are storing the mop/brown etc in it but I am going to paint, add a mirror and a chest of drawers and some sconces. We will use it to put our mail, car and house keys, dog leash/collar, poop bags and miscellaneous items you have when you're walking in the door like a place to put a box of delivery pizza while you pay the delivery guy. I forgot we had a walk-in closet and plan to add lower drawers from IKEA for shoes and add some mirrors/art and a rug to lighten it up. It's a fantastic closet and I think if we unclutter ourselves, it will work for us. The bathroom just needs a new shower curtain, window curtains, some art, some nice soap holders, etc, candles and it's ready to rock. The kitchen is perfect we are just going to get a wine rack. I'm going to hang up some paintings today after the paint dries so it's coming along great. Can't wait to show the before/after!

No comments:

Post a Comment